This Whole30 sheet pan sausage recipe is the perfect healthy weeknight dinner option that’s family friendly, and clean up free! Or it makes an easy Paleo, Whole30 or keto meal prep recipe to keep your meal plan simple. Using chicken sausage, lots of veggies and delicious seasonings, dinner will be done in 30 minutes!
For this Whole30 sheet pan sausage recipe, I used chicken sausages. Chicken sausage is often easier to find without added sugar than pork sausage is. However, either one will do and will make a delicious dinner! Some Whole30 compliant brands of sausage (chicken, or pork) are kielbasa from Pederson’s Farms. They’re in many grocery stores local to me, but, a few of the options that you could use are Aidell’s, Applegate Farms chicken sausage, Teton Waters (Costco and other chains), Trader Joe’s brand, Whole Foods 365 Everyday brand, Bulinksi’s and Mulay’s.
If you’re not making this garlic herb Whole30 sheet pan sausage recipe for dinner, to make it even easier, honestly you could skip cooking the sausage with it if it’s a pre-cooked sausage option. These one’s I used were not cooked already, so they did need to be added to the sheet pan. However, one’s that just need to be reheated would be easy to throw into a meal prep container with the seasoned veggies, and just heat it all up at the same time as you’re ready to eat.
If you are making this for dinner, you’ll still want to follow the directions as written and you can totally ignore that last paragraph! But to make this easier for you, you can bake this all on tin foil or parchment paper to make clean up a breeze. Just make sure if you’re using parchment paper, it’s heat resistant up to 400 degrees F.
What I like about this recipe is that for me, sheet pans serve as a type of “clean out the fridge” meal. Meaning that if I don’t have the specific vegetables that it calls for, it’s usually fairly simple to just swap it out. This is especially helpful when I have things that are about to go bad, or that I need to use up. If you have brussels on hand, or summer squash instead of zucchini, go for it! This garlic herb seasoning (which is totally Whole30!) is great on any vegetable.
Other One Pan Recipes You’ll Love:
- 16 ounce package of sausage or chicken sausage (at least 4 sausage links)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced in thick chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or oven safe parchment paper
- In a small bowl, mix all seasonings together to combine
- Lay vegetables out on the baking sheet and add oil. Toss with hands to coat
- Add sausages to the baking sheet. Sprinkle seasoning over the veggies and sausage
- Use hands to evenly coat vegetables and sausage with the seasoning
- Place in the oven on the center rack and cook for 30 minutes, flipping sausage and vegetables halfway through
If sausage is already seasoned, or is a flavored sausage brand, you can leave it unseasoned by the spice mix and add to the sheet pan just prior to putting it in the oven.
This Whole30 sheet pan sausage post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give Paleobailey.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.