Every once in a while I need a serious break from my usual egg breakfasts. I know I’m not the only one who feels the egg burnout after one too many mornings of the same tired eggs. I also run into the issue of how much I hate re-heated eggs. So, when I decide I want to meal prep breakfast, usually eggs are out. My answer to that is breakfast skillets.
This sausage breakfast skillet with cranberries is ahhh-mazing. I swear, it’s even better reheated the next day too. This recipe is hearty, filling and the cranberries add a sweetness that’s not too overpowering in the morning. The potatoes add some extra umph to the breakfast and are great for fueling my early workouts or busy mornings.
Double the recipe and meal prep it for breakfasts for the next few days. You’ll be glad you did. Every time I make this, I end up running out before I planned. I find myself looking forward to coming home to this in the fridge. Yes. It’s that good.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or oil of your choice
- 1/2 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1 red potato, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 handful mushrooms, diced
- 1 handful dried cranberries
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 and 1/4 tablespoons dill
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat
- Add sausage, potato, 1 tablespoon dill, thyme, onion powder and garlic powder
- Cook until sausage starts browning and potatoes begin to soften
- Add in onion, green pepper, mushrooms and the other 1/4 tablespoon dill
- Continue cooking until sausage is browned and veggies are done
- Throw in the dried cranberries and spinach
- Stir to combine and allow for spinach to lightly wilt
Double the recipe, using a full pound of sausage to meal prep breakfasts for the week or to feed a bigger family!
This post contains affiliate links, though all products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give Paleobailey.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.