The holidays are swiftly approaching so I wanted to share my favorite (easy) way to make a beautiful ham for your dining room table. A lot of people correlate ham with pineapple, and while I love that option, when I think of a holiday ham, I want savory, not super-duper fruity. Here’s my simple holiday ham recipe for you and your family to enjoy together.
This post is sponsored by Pederson’s Farms. I’m happy to work with a company I love, use and believe in so much! Thanks for your support here on the blog and your support for Pederson’s Farms!
The holiday meals at my house always focus on the main event. AKA, the ham. I always look forward to the side dishes, but it’s the ham that’s at the center of the table that I want the most. When I was little I always assumed it took hours for my grandma to make, but now that I’m making my own holiday ham, I know it doesn’t have to be something you slave over all day.
Pederson’s Farms offers fully cooked and pre-sliced hams that you just have to heat and serve! It’s the best part about this recipe. Less time in the kitchen and more time spent with my family. They offer holiday hams in all different sizes, but the half ham with the bone in is my favorite. It means ham soup cooked low and slow with the ham bone and leftovers later!
You can get this holiday ham in the Ultimate Whole30 Box on The Simple Grocer.
This recipe only requires a few things. A holiday ham, obviously! And then just whole cloves and mustard. Easy peasy and the ham is prepped and ready for heating in just a few minutes.
Ways to use your leftover ham!
- 1 holiday ham
- 1/2 cup brown mustard (no sugar added)
- A large handful of whole cloves
- Allow plenty of time for ham to thaw
- Once thawed, preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Brush or rub mustard over outside of ham, excluding the cut side
- Stud entire outside of ham, excluding cut side, with cloves about 1 inch apart
- Tent ham loosely with tin foil and place into oven
- Cook approximately 15 minutes per pound, until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!