Ham and hash brown egg bake is the perfect “use up all the veggies in the fridge” meal. It works for both hosting a brunch or simple meal prep to have grab-and-go breakfasts for the week. The versatility of it for those two reasons makes it a hit no matter what you’re doing or who you’re feeding. I’ve made this dozens of times with a variety of different veggies, so get creative and change things up!
You could try diced tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, whatever ya got handy! If you’re swapping them out, I’d be sure to still use the same measurements so the egg, ham and hash brown ratio still stays the same as well.
It can be hard to find ham without added sugar or preservatives. I opt for Whole3o Approved Pederson’s Farm ham. In fact, this egg bake is a result of the leftover holiday ham I made! Egg bakes are a big holiday staple for the morning after Christmas in my family, so it was perfect! Plus it’s pre-cooked and sliced so I have to do about 4 minutes of actual “cooking”.
YOU CAN GET THIS HOLIDAY HAM IN THE ULTIMATE WHOLE30 BOX ON THE SIMPLE GROCER.
I’m not a huge fan of reheated eggs personally, but I love this right out of the oven and then my boyfriend takes care of the leftovers for his breakfast throughout the week. What I do is just cut it up and place each one in a baggie. Egg bakes also freeze really well! When you take it out of the freezer it will thaw and reheat in the microwave in just a few minutes so they’re really convenient that way if you’re a freezer meal fan!
Other Recipes with Ham That You’ll Love:
- 3 cups hash browns, thawed
- 3 tablespoons melted ghee
- 1 cup diced ham, cooked
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 diced green pepper
- 1/2 diced red pepper
- 1/4 diced onion
- 1/2 cup Original flavored Nutpods or almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium sized casserole dish or round quiche dish, press hash browns into bottom and up the sides to create a crust
- Brush melted ghee over hash browns
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown
- While that's baking, beat eggs with milk, and spices
- Combine with diced veggies and ham
- Once hash browns are golden, remove from oven, turn temp. down to 350 degrees F., pour egg mixture over hash browns and place back into oven
- Bake until eggs are no longer runny on top, about 25-30 minutes
- If you want to add cheese to it (or just half of it for the kids!), do so 5 minutes prior to removing from oven
This post contains affiliate links, though all products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give Paleobailey.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.